If you’re looking for a safe truck, the 2023 Ford F-150 is a great option. It comes standard with a wide range of advanced safety features, and it’s earned top safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Overview of 2023 Ford F-150 safety features
The 2023 Ford F-150 comes standard with a variety of active and passive safety features. Active safety features help to prevent accidents from happening in the first place, while passive safety features help to protect occupants in the event of an accident.
Active safety features:
- Automatic emergency braking (AEB): AEB can automatically apply the brakes if it detects a potential collision with another vehicle or pedestrian.
- Lane departure warning (LDW): LDW alerts the driver if they start to drift out of their lane without using a turn signal.
- Blind spot monitoring (BSM): BSM uses radar sensors to detect vehicles in the driver’s blind spots and provides a visual and audible alert if there is a vehicle in the blind spot while the turn signal is on.
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC): ACC maintains a set distance between the F-150 and the vehicle in front of it.
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian detection: This system uses radar and cameras to scan the road ahead and detect potential collisions with other vehicles or pedestrians. If a collision is detected, the system will apply the brakes automatically.
- Rearview camera: All F-150 models come standard with a rearview camera that displays the image behind the truck on the infotainment screen.
Passive safety features:
- Airbags: The F-150 comes with a variety of airbags, including front airbags, side airbags, and curtain airbags.
- Seatbelts: All F-150 models come standard with three-point seatbelts in all seating positions.
- Crumple zone: The F-150 has a crumple zone that is designed to absorb energy in the event of a collision.
Innovative safety features:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist: This system makes it easy to back up a trailer by automatically steering the truck.
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go: This system maintains a set distance between the F-150 and the vehicle in front of it, even in stop-and-go traffic.
How safe is the 2023 Ford F-150?
The 2023 Ford F-150 has earned top safety ratings from the NHTSA and the IIHS. The NHTSA gave the F-150 a five-star overall safety rating, while the IIHS gave the F-150 a Top Safety Pick+ award.
The F-150’s safety features can help to protect drivers and passengers in a variety of driving conditions. For example, the AEB system can help to prevent accidents from happening at intersections or when the driver is distracted. The LDW system can help to keep the truck in its lane, which can reduce the risk of head-on collisions and rollovers. And the BSM system can help to prevent accidents when changing lanes.
“The F-150’s safety features are amazing,” said one owner. “I was recently involved in a head-on collision, and the airbags saved my life.”
“I feel safe and secure driving the F-150,” said another owner. “The safety features are top-notch.”
Why choose Fahrney Ford?
At Fahrney Ford, we’re committed to helping our customers find the perfect vehicle for their needs. We offer a wide selection of new and used Ford vehicles, and we have a team of experienced sales professionals who can help you choose the right vehicle for you. We also offer a variety of financing and leasing options to make it easy to afford your new vehicle.
In addition to our wide selection of vehicles and financing options, we also offer a variety of other services, including:
- Service and repair: We have a team of certified technicians who can service and repair your Ford vehicle.
- Parts and accessories: We have a wide selection of parts and accessories for Ford vehicles.
If you’re looking for a safe and reliable truck, the 2023 Ford F-150 is a great option. It comes standard with a wide range of advanced safety features, and it’s earned top safety ratings from the NHTSA and the IIHS. If you’re interested in learning more about the 2023 Ford F-150’s safety features, please contact Fahrney Ford today. We would be happy to answer your questions and help you schedule a test drive.